b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] logograms--an ode to Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] logograms--an ode to Hebrew
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:25:04 -0500

Can we cool this discussion?

For the record, I believe that the authors listed were the authors of record.
That is a matter of faith, as in order to prove it, one would need to find
the original autographs which, we all would agree, is very, very, very
unlikely given the perishable materials they were written on and the time
span involved. To disprove the authorship claims, one would need to find
contemporary documents contesting the authorship claims and/or the existance
of the perported authors. Again, such a find is very, very, very unlikely for
the reasons given above. Even the find of corrobating material is very
unlikely.

Given the above, arguing the question of authorship is not profitable, as
such can never come to a conclusion.

Karl W. Randolph.