b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] logograms--an ode to Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Revdpickrel AT wmconnect.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] logograms--an ode to Hebrew
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 20:56:33 EST

In a message dated 12/24/2004 5:32:12 AM Central Standard Time,
peterkirk AT qaya.org writes:

> No, I can't tell you. But if you remember, I suggested that Moses, or
> whoever wrote Genesis, was using sources, either written or oral
> tradition. The oral tradition at least may go way back, even to Adam if
> you like.

Peter, I am well aware of the Targums (oral tradition). Targums give Adam
credit for part, and Seth for part. And the book passed to Lemach. Targums
say
that only God and Lemach called Noah, Noah. So the is evidence here that
points to Lemach as keeping a diary in Genesis. From Lemach to Shem. Shem
and
Eber started a school. Somewhere it made its way to Moses. If you
could have sit
around a fire and taught many of the kids(<:~

Doug Pickrel
Tejas Valley
San Antonio, TX