b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Re; authorship (was something else)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Re; authorship (was something else)
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 12:55:32 -0500

Liz:

To be consistant, he doesn't need Jesus to be a historical character, at
least not the Jesus of the New Testament.

But what makes me and other people question is how he can be a prof at a
school that from its doctrinal statement implies that it accepts all these
personages as historical figures, and he denies it. Furthermore, the text, as
it stands (as originally penned or later redacted, can't tell), claims that
these people existed in history.

Whether one accepts (believes) the text or not is a different question from
what the text itself claims. The second question is a subject of b-hebrew,
the first I think should be off the table.

Karl W. Randolph.