b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] BLG

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Shai Heijmans" <shaih AT post.tau.ac.il>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] BLG
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:58:02 -0700

A direction which - as far as I know - hasn't been persued in research
about this word is that of post-biblical hebrew. The verb (and a derived
noun - "beleg") appears several times in early hebrew palestinian poetry
(6th cent. CE); some of the poems were discovered at the Geniza and were
unaccessible to reseachers untill the last couple of decades.

I have the feeling that looking into the uses of the verb in those poems
could shed some light on this obscure verb.

Shai Heijmans