b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] BLG

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] BLG
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:52:19 -0500

Maurice:

Those are the four times it is listed as a verb. Jeremiah 8:18 uses it as a
noun in the form of a hiphil participle and in Nehemiah 10:8, 12:5, 18 and 1
Chronicles 24:14, personal names are derived from the same root.

I have been using Online Bible for the Classic Macintosh on my computer,
which has its pluses and minuses: sometimes searches can show connections
that tagged searches leave out, but many times it includes information that
needs to be weeded out by the operator (me) until the result has only usable
data.

Karl W. Randolph.