b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Akhenaten and Hebrew religion

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Akhenaten and Hebrew religion
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 22:29:11 +0200

"Reality"? Based on what? Either you take the biblical text at face value,
or you apply some critical method. Where do you get "Amoritic tribal leader"
from, or the date of "nearly a thousand years before Akhenaten" (which would
be around 2400 BCE), or that his faith was "that of the Amorites of his
time"? For that matter, WHAT Amorites in 2400 BCE? Assuming that the
biblical "Emori" (Amorites) have anything to do with the ANE Amurru, they
only appear a few centuries later.

Yigal

Yigal