b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Ark of the Covenant (Iron Age Exemplar Found ?)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Walter R. Mattfeld" <mattfeld12 AT charter.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Ark of the Covenant (Iron Age Exemplar Found ?)
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:47:49 -0400

Dear Tony,

Here's a quote illustrating that "some" individuals thought pharaoh was a
"god" in a clay tablet letter written in Akkadian (Babylonian) to Pharaoh
Akhenaten by one of his vassals :

"Say to the king, my lord, my GOD, my Sun, the breath of my life: Thus
Zimreddi, the mayor of Sidon. I fall at the feet of my lord, GOD, Sun,
breath of my lfe,...7 times 7 times." (p. 230. EA 144. "Zimreddi of Sidon."
William L. Moran. _The Amarna Letters_. Baltimore. John Hopkins University
Press. 1987)

Regards, Walter
Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld y de la Torre, M.A. Ed.
mattfeld12 AT charter.net
www.bibleorigins.net