b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Offend/dealt corruptly - chet bet lamed (nehemiah 1:7)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Offend/dealt corruptly - chet bet lamed (nehemiah 1:7)
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:31:34 -0500

Dear Harold:

I’ve heard it said of my education that it is a mile wide and an inch deep.
As a result, there are holes in my learning that I’m not even aware of. Thanx.

But your connections raise more questions.

The connections that you listed below say that foxes are a danger only to the
ripe fruit, not to the vines nor the blossoms. Yet foxes are a danger to
vineyard pests such as mice, birds, grasshoppers, and other such. Did the
ancient Israeli vitners see foxes as a lesser of evils or a greater one?

Or because foxes can climb well, including over walls, were they considered
an unavoidable problem?

The reference of foxes connected with the vineyards is during the time when
the vines were in blossom, precisely when foxes are a danger not to the vines
but a danger to the pests.

In other words, is there more information out there?

These are exactly the types of questions that made me realize that RXP
&#1512;&#1495;&#1507; can’t mean to hover or to flutter.

Thanx again.

Karl W. Randolph.