b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The islands

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The islands
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 15:06:00 -0500

Vadim:

Don‘t show your ignorance. The sea is constantly taking sand and silt from
one place and adding it to others. That is why people around here hire
dredges to take sand and silt from places where the sea constantly adds to
the land, and puts it in places where the sea takes it away. Yes, I live on a
coastline, too.

So it makes perfect sense that a causeway built by Alexander the Great and
his army, by blocking the normal flow of water, would contribute to filling
in the land between the island and mainland.

Karl W. Randolph.