b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] OT: a link about Modern Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Myshalom777 AT aol.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] OT: a link about Modern Hebrew
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:21:11 EDT

vadim_lv AT center-tv.net writes:

> How does Acts8 shed light on Isaiah, when even the quotation is brutally
> distorted? Do you see any sense in the stupid question of the eunuch? Surely
> the prophet did not speak of himself being executed.
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Vadim Cherny

Vadim,

I do believe some rabbis thought and taught that Isaiah was speaking about
himself. So the eunuch's question would not have been so stupid after all .

It may have to do with how the chapter starts (i.e. Isaiah 53) . In any case
if i can find the rabbinical references i will post them here unless someone
else beats me to it.

Celal Berker

Celal Berker