b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] The islands

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Reinier de Blois" <r.de.blois AT solcon.nl>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] The islands
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:31:56 +0200

OK, let me give you another one. Jer 25:22: "all the kings of Tyre, all
the kings of Sidon, and the kings of the )IY across the sea." This is
more likely to be a coastland than an island.

An even more convincing one is the one I already mentioned in an earlier
contribution: Isa 20:6 "and the inhabitants of this )IY will say ..."
This refers back to the people of Ashdod mentioned in verse 1.

Best wishes,

Reinier de Blois