b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] resources for learning Paleo-Hebrew?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: Karl Randolph <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] resources for learning Paleo-Hebrew?
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:52:52 -0800

On 23/02/2004 13:58, Karl Randolph wrote:

Peter:

One of the reasons that I recommended the Online Bible BHS is because it is
coded as an unpointed text. Therefore, searches using an unpointed search
field are supported. It is not perfect.

Do the texts you recommend support unpointed searches? ...

Texts don't support anything. I have software which supports unpointed searches.

... Do they allow default unpointed viewing? ...

No, but why would I want to do that? I have already pointed out to you some of the serious errors you have fallen into by reading the unpointed text.

... If the answer is yes to both, then there is no advantage to getting
Online Bible and a Macintosh. If no to either, then a Macintosh, especially
if one can get it free, even for only Bible studies, is worth it.

I use a Macintosh anyways so I do not have to worry about virii and worms
while opening my email or surfing the web, as well as other tasks.

That's a quite different issue. If you run Linux on a PC you are just as safe from viruses and worms.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)