b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] resources for learning Paleo-Hebrew?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Airton José da Silva <airtonjo AT netsite.com.br>
  • To: "Tony Costa" <tmcos AT rogers.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] resources for learning Paleo-Hebrew?
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 12:11:34 -0300

Tony,

A page, which in the FAQs, answers the question "When did Hebrew cease to be
spoken?" with "Hebrew has been spoken in one form or another from the
beginning. As we and others believe, Hebrew was the first language of Adam
as well as Noah and his descendents. Noah had three sons, of which Shem
continued the Hebrew language. When the nation of Israel entered the land of
Israel after the exodus from Egypt (about 1500 BCE), they spoke Hebrew. When
Israel..." seems to me very questionable if you consider the academic
resources to the Hebrew Language in the Web.

Regards

Airton Jose da Silva
Professor of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament
PUC-Campinas - SP - Brazil