b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] resources for learning Paleo-Hebrew?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] resources for learning Paleo-Hebrew?
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 00:27:31 -0500

Dear Johathan:

One resource is http://www.onlinebible.org . It has texts that are both
pointed and unpointed. What you would want to download is BHS, which is the
unpointed text.

If you get Online Bible, I would highly recommend that you get a Macintosh if
you do not already have one, as it displays well on the Macintosh, but not
Windows. Even a really old Macintosh, just for using with Online Bible, is
preferable to Windows. We were able to pick up even an old notebook, a 165C,
that was being thrown away, for free, that can be used with Online Bible. It
even runs on a Mac SE that has been upgraded to 4 MB RAM and OS 7.5, though
much, much more powerful Macintoshes are being thrown away now. I also have a
dictionary that is in MacWrite format that can be used with it, though I
consider the dictionary as unfinished business at the present time.

Karl W. Randolph.