b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] M:GIDDON in Zech 12:11

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Harold R. Holmyard III" <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] M:GIDDON in Zech 12:11
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 14:58:36 -0600

Dear Marko,

I apologize. I wrote GLG but meant GLH in the last line of the following
sentence:

The subsequent rejection of the final Nun seemed to be confirmed by the
form MGDWN, once used (Zch 12:11) for MGDW (and conversely in Pr 27:20
Kethiv )BDH Qere )BDW for )BDWN "destruction), also by the fact that for
$LMH the LXX give the form SOLWMWN or SALWMWN, and especially that in
patronymics and tribal names a Nun appears before the termination I, as in
GYLNY ("Gilonite") from GLG and $YLNY from $YLH (modern name SAILUN).

Yours,
Harold Holmyard