b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Qumran agreement with LXX and MT, was: aph

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: Jonathan Walther <krooger AT debian.org>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Qumran agreement with LXX and MT, was: aph
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:28:43 -0800

On 21/02/2004 21:29, Jonathan Walther wrote:

... The
Qumran mss are reputed by some scholars to agree with LXX ten times more
often than with the Masoretic. Are those scholars wrong?

I think they have just been misreported. From my very uncertain memory the proportions would be the other way round. I am sure that others can clarify what has been written about this for example by Tov.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)