b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Variants of YHWH in the BHS Text

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: David P Donnelly <davedonnelly1 AT juno.com>
  • To: markeddy AT adams.net
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Variants of YHWH in the BHS Text
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 14:36:37 -0400

Mark Eddy says:

So the "it is written" form of God's Hebrew name has no vowels.

Dave says:

Concerning this "it is written" form of God's name that has no vowels,
God says in the last sentence of Exodus 3:15:

: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

It would seem that you possibly believe that this 4-letter Hebrew name
without vowels
is God's name forever.

Do you believe that a time will come,
when men and women will once again know how
to pronounce this 4-letter Hebrew name without vowels,
and men and women will pray to God using this name?
[and pronouncing this name as God pronounced it to Moses]

Dave Donnelly