b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Leningrad Codex YHWH-Holem

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: David P Donnelly <davedonnelly1 AT juno.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Leningrad Codex YHWH-Holem
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:13:19 -0400

I own a Facsimile Edition of the Leningrad Codex.

I have been examining the Leningrad Codex
at both Genesis 3:14
and at Genesis 9:26

In both of these verse in the BHS Text,
YHWH is found in the Hebrew word #3068 form.
[e.g. yod-simple shewa-he-holem-vav-qamets-he]

In the BHS Text the holem is found at the top right of the vav
in YHWH in the above two verses.

In the Leningrad Codex the holem is found in the space between the vav
and the first he in YHWH in the above two verses.

A portion of the holem is above the top right of the vav.
A portion of the holem is above the top left of the first he.

Copyright laws prevent me from legally scanning these two verses
and sending them as e-mail attachments.

Dave Donnelly