b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 tohu ubohu

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 tohu ubohu
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 12:16:27 -0500

Dear Bryan:

What about things that are not abandoned nor where authority and rule are
silenced, things like the wilderness which was never settled in the first
place and idols that were being worshipped at that time? They were called
“thw”—lifeless or uninhabited. In the case of the idols, it is in contrast to
Israel’s “living God” (e.g. 2 Kings 19:4, 16). Examples like these make me
question your answer.

Karl W. Randolph.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup