b-hebrew - RE: Monotheism was: "admittedly syncretistic..

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Monotheism was: "admittedly syncretistic..
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 19:23:52 -0500

Dear Liz,

I appreciate that you bite, when you do it in a scolarly way, as is the case. Your respectful suggestion that I am colored by Christian conceptions is probably correct; but hardly Hellenistic conceptions (I have criticized several fundamental Christian concepts where NT and Hellenistic thoughts are fused). However, who is not colored by something, and is another coloring better that a Christian one?

EXCUSE ME?????

Shoshanna