b-hebrew - Re: I WILL BE

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: I WILL BE
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 18:00:04 -0700

> What is the reason for insisting that it must mean "I am"?

I'm not "insisting" on anything. I'm just saying the picture is
nowhere near as clear as some paint it to be. Merely citing
general statements by various authorities isn't enough to clear it
up; I have yet to see any of the "it's got to be future" people explain
the passages that Ken and I set forth.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
"You just keep thinking, Butch. That's what you're good at."