b-hebrew - Re[6]: Stop with the Rohl material.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk"<peter_kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re[6]: Stop with the Rohl material.
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 22:02:12 -0500

_________________________________
Subject: Re[5]: Stop with the Rohl material.
Author: <npl AT teol.ku.dk> at Internet
Date: 12/02/2000 23:24

> Dear NPL,

<snip>

> You also implicitly claim that David Rohl has no scholarly training.
> This is also an assumption which is untrue. He has a degree in
> Egyptology and Ancient History from University College London and
> wrote in 1995 that "I am currently completing my PhD research", under
> the supervision of Amelie Kuhrt and Dr. Geoffrey Martin.

Nice names, but why has he not finished it by yet? Did he give up or
did they give him up?

PK: Interesting question. Does anyone know the answer? I guess he's
been too busy to make progress recently. Maybe he needs to earn a
living. Or perhaps he has finished? I don't know.

> It takes two to dialogue. You cannot blame David Rohl for not
> dialoguing with you and your little fraternity [your mean the scholarly
> community at large? interesting because you are just denounciating the
> fraternity of scholars worldwide, and on what reasons that can be
> substantiated?]...

PK: Well, by "little fraternity" I was thinking of that subset of the
scholarly community at large who follow your example in prejudging the
work of would-be scholars without even reading their work.

.. when you are the ones
> who don't even take the trouble to read what he has written.
>
> Peter Kirk

NPL

Peter Kirk