b-hebrew - Re[2]: Habiru and Joshua

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jonathan Bailey <jonathan.bailey AT gmx.de>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew list <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re[2]: Habiru and Joshua
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 13:34:46 +0100

Right. So, what do people think about placing the invasion of Joshua and his
successors in the early 14th century? Any reason this couldn't have happened?
Anything preventing Joshua and huis successors from being the habiru of
Amarna?

"If there are many wisemen in a city, this means that the city will soon
fall."
Babylonian proverb

Jonathan Bailey
Hochschule für Jüdische Studien