b-hebrew - RE: "Post-Exilic" Genesis (long)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Niels Peter Lemche <npl AT teol.ku.dk>
  • To: 'Peter Kirk' <peter_kirk AT sil.org>
  • Cc: "'b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: "Post-Exilic" Genesis (long)
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 12:04:47 +0100

Sometimes silence can be very noice, and you have to go through the
arguments to say whether it is really from silence, or something that look
like silence because of a literary source indicates this, but if we do not
accept the OT to be on line with, e.g. other kinds of evidence (other
categories), we have no argument from silence but the case that somebody is
comparing non-compatible categories..Something to do with Russell's
differentiation between categories in an argument. We say here: What is the
highest, the round tower in Copenhagen or a lightning, 'higher' Danish
'højere' can both have to do with loudness and highth.

NPL