b-hebrew - RE: Re[2]: Ur Kasdim II

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Niels Peter Lemche <npl AT teol.ku.dk>
  • To: "'peter_kirk AT sil.org'" <peter_kirk AT sil.org>
  • Cc: "'b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Re[2]: Ur Kasdim II
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 17:49:13 +0100

GAG, W. von Soden, Grudriss der akkadischen Grammatik, 1952, 2. ed. 1969,
still the standard Ggrammer of Akkadian. I guess that Safran means
Neo-Assyrian and Neo-Babylonian.

The argument about Ur-Kasdim as an anachronism has been around for several
generations of scholars. I do not know who proposed it the first time. Maybe
Westermann has it.

NPL

[Niels Peter Lemche] Fine point.