b-hebrew - Re: New Subscriber

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Michael Miles" <michaelwm AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: New Subscriber
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 12:27:06 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian Hutchesson" <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Saturday, November 27, 1999 11:30 AM

> >if you believe it to be possible to do so. If not, then
> >take it as a sermon and learn from it.
>
> This sort of stuff is rather presumptuous and would have been better
omitted.

Prove it wrong or be silent on what you know not of. If you're such a
"scholar" in the original tongues, then prove it wrong. If you merely take
a flippant attitude and pigeonhole me as a preacher, then you do all the
world a disservice in not showing them that you can prevail over a lowly
one, such as myself. Prove what I stated as wrong; or is it that you are
UNABLE to do so? Prove it to be presumtuous, as you stated it was. Or do
you make it a habit of labeling things that you do not understand?

As far as the topic being BIBLICAL Hebrew, I feel it correct to have brought
forth the FACTS that I did. If you'd care to discuss perhaps COMIC BOOK
Hebrew, then perhaps there's a place for that elsewhere.

Regards,
Michael