b-hebrew - Re: New Subscriber

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Will Wagers <hyle AT airmail.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: New Subscriber
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 11:02:43 -0500

It's not Sunday, so why the sermon?

Greetings All,

I'm finding this an interesting discussion, but I'd like to take a moment to
point out that Scripture ought to be the final Word on how Scripture is
interpreted and having stated thus I'd like to bring forward the following
verses that should give context to the question of Genesis 1:2.

Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself
that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not
in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none
else.
The King James Version

Jeremiah 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void;
and the heavens, and they had no light. 24I beheld the mountains, and, lo,
they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. 25I beheld, and, lo, there
was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. 26I beheld, and, lo,
the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken
down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger. 27For thus hath
the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full
end.
The King James Version

I believe that the world BECAME void and without form and this is what is
expressed in Genesis 1:2 and this is what I teach. This goes a lot deeper
and can be readily viewed by taking into consideration that in the Book of
Ezekiel that Satan is spoken of as a covering cherib, yet immediately upon
his first appearance in Genesis he is already in a fallen state. I'd
suggest reading Ezekiel chapters 28 and 31 specifically. You will also find
that Satan was a tree in Eden.

Going to the New Testament, let's view 2 Peter 3:5-

2 Peter 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God
the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the
water: 6Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water,
perished: 7But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word
are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and
perdition of ungodly men.
The King James Version

Are you willingly ignorant of the world that then was?

Hebrews 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath
appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
The King James Version

What worlds? These are world AGES.

Hebrews 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the
word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do
appear.
The King James Version

For those of you that study the Greek as well as Hebrew, please take note of
the word FOUNDATION in the following verse. It means overthrow or casting
DOWN. The last age was abruptly ended.

Matthew 13:35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet,
saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have
been kept secret from the foundation of the world.
The King James Version

I believe and teach that there was an age before this age in which Satan was
a good soul and all that live now or have lived in the flesh once lived
together at one time with YHVH, Lord God of Israel. At the overthrow a
choice was made to have mankind dwell in flesh to make a choice between
Satan and Yahshua. I also teach that the false rapture doctrine (spoken
against by YHVH in Ezekiel chapter 13) is what will lead many to worship
Satan when he is released in his role as anti-christ BEFORE the return of
Messiah. It's part of the testing; to see who has rightly divided the Word.

I apologize if this post is not entirely on topic of Biblical Hebrew, but I
felt the need to allow the Word of God to explain itself in the examination
of Genesis 1:2.

Regards,
Michael