b-hebrew - Re: Re[2]: New Subscriber

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Michael Miles" <michaelwm AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Re[2]: New Subscriber
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 16:06:15 -0800

Tony,

Your take on the subject is the more correct than those here that presume to
have comprehension of the texts when they do not take them in based upon
what other parts of scripture dictate to be true. If a person with common
sense, not mere scholarship in the tongue, were to dissect Genesis 1:2 in
light of the verses in Jeremiah and Isaiah that I cited then they could come
to no viable conclusion, within the realms of common sense, other than there
infact being a gap of a large expanse of time being eluded to.

All,

Why is the word REPLENISH used in Genesis 1:28 when YHVH speaks to the
people created on the sixth day; those allowed to eat of any tree? Check it
in the Hebrew. Some work for dissectors.

Who is "thy seed" in Genesis 3:15, when YHVH is speaking to Satan?

Who are the Kenites as mentioned in 1 Chronicles 2:55; tacked onto the end
of the listing of the tribe of Judah and what does their name mean? Again,
work for dissectors of Hebrew.

What does the word <Strong's 8435 Hebrew> (to-led-ah) mean? Check it's
every use in all of the Hebrew Scriptures and kindly explain why people
argue it to be used as a recapitulation of the creation of the sixth day
people when in fact it is not a recapitulation at all and serves to prove
that THE Adam, with the article and particle, was made on the eighth day,
after YHVH rested and found He had no man to till the soil. More work for
dissectors.

Just a friendly exercise in Hebrew both for those seeking truth and those
snooty with worldy wisdom but blinded by oneupmanship in the "scholarly
realm".

Think on these things. They are fundamental in truly UNDERSTANDING the
Biblical Hebrew. I would assume that a Ginsu knife would be all that one
needs to merely dissect it. Oh, and perhaps bandaids.

Regards,
Michael