b-hebrew - Re[2]: The "presence" of the Lord

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: peter_kirk AT SIL.ORG
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re[2]: The "presence" of the Lord
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 17:07:56 -0500

That may very well be the meaning in these verses. But in Ezekiel 1:28
we see the prophet falling on his face on seeing "the appearance of
the likeness of the glory of the LORD". That he was forced to do so
rather than just chose to is suggested by 2:2: a "spirit" put him back
on his feet. See also 3:23,24. Incidentally the verb used for "stand
up" in 2:1,2, 3:24 is (MD not QWM, but perhaps there is an overtone of
"endure" as well as "stand up".

Peter Kirk