sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] My resignation

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Sukneet Basuta <sukneet AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] My resignation
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 12:17:43 -0400

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Ladislav Hagara
<ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz> wrote:
> Yea, we have problems and time to time even I personally think about
> Source Mage fork. It is difficult to make some agreement here. I am
> upset with xorg, glibc, kmod, gcc branches. None plans to pull them into
> master.

I was thinking about the branches thing as well. We need a master bug
or something that states why the branch was created and what is needed
for it to get merged into test. I agree that we do not communicate
enough to do things the way we are.

> Fork?
> New leaders ballot?

Possibly. I feel that the project lead should be addressing these
development issues in some way. Something is wrong if a lot of
developers feel like leaving.

> Yea, sorcery development could be more active, cauldron is
> dead. The main problem is that we don't speak together. I know that with
> some developers it is impossible to talk about changes.

Personally, I would love to make some changes to sorcery, but I feel
that grimoire needs the most work. Sorcery works for the most part.
IMO grimoire is a mess and too many spells don't compile.