sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Let's make Source Mage not suck!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Pol Vinogradov <vin.public AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Let's make Source Mage not suck!
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 04:45:41 +0500

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 12:46:50 -0800
Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us> wrote:

> The main issues with stable releases are, IMO:
> * Not enough people helping to triage bugs
> * Not enough people fixing stable-rc/stable bugs
> * Too much attention is spent on test grimoire
>
> If we can get more help targetted at making sure bugs are filed
> against the proper grimoire(s) and fixing the bugs that affect
> stable-rc/stable before bugs that fix test, this would help.
>
> -sandalle
Maybe good solution would be to create a lightweight grimoire used for ISOs.
Benefits are obvious:
1. maintainability;
2. stable grimoire;
3. bugs free;
4. less people resources.
What "lightweight" means? it means grimoire should contain critical software
everyone needs. And only one spell for each software classes must present in
grimoire. it can be used by regular users/developers above their
stable/test/else grimoire for testing or fixing bugs.

Just my 2 cents.
public.