sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Let's make Source Mage not suck!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: seth AT swoolley.homeip.net
  • To: Pol Vinogradov <vin.public AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Let's make Source Mage not suck!
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 13:36:07 -0800

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 02:32:23AM +0500, Pol Vinogradov wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 09:46:28 +0100
> Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx> wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday 02 January 2007 00:45, Pol Vinogradov wrote:
> > > Maybe good solution would be to create a lightweight grimoire used for
> > > ISOs. Benefits are obvious: 1. maintainability;
> > We have too little man power and you suggest we create yet another
> > grimoire?
> > Sounds really counterproductive.
> i'd already pointed that it'll be limited grimoire everyone can set it up
> above his regular grimoire (stable, test...), so imho it won't a human
> resource problem.
>
> public

ISOs used to work this way. It was a problem. The pro was that
integration was not needed. The negative was that integration was not
done.

I imagine developers will be using custom grimoires for their own
development but they will be immediately integrating their work when
done.

Asking for an official policy of custom grimoire for the iso all the way
to production is not necessary and would be counter-productive.

Seth