sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Let's make Source Mage not suck!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Pol Vinogradov <vin.public AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Let's make Source Mage not suck!
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 06:17:54 +0500

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 15:59:30 -0800
seth AT swoolley.homeip.net wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I don't see why we just can't integrate request what you
> have in your custom grimoire that's really stable for you. Custom
> grimoires are ok for testing development, but not for our stable
> grimoire. If you're dong systematic development that requires the whole
> system be modified (like iso work), custom grimoires are expected. But
> we should have one exposed grimoire that everything works on. Not a
> smaller grimoire, just a stable one. C.F. my bugzilla improvement and
> gaze integration idea for how to make it more open to bug fixing.

just imho the main problem of our stable grimoire is small number of
integrations. people don't like them much. it's really counterproductive
thing (espescially in git). so, i propose again needs specific grimoires
concept. all in one grimoire is very hard to maintain. splitted grimoires can
be maintained by one dev or small team which isn't tied to one grimoire only.
> Seth

public