sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ipw2200

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: dave AT sourcemage.org
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ipw2200
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 22:04:50 -0600

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 01:25:43PM +0100, Flavien Bridault (Disk Guru) wrote:
> Hi people !
>
> I also got ipw2200 working on my laptop but I had to swap two rules in
> the udev default rules file :
>
> SUBSYSTEM=="firmware", ACTION="add", RUN+="/lib/udev/firmware_helper"
> ENV{UDEVD_EVENT}=="1", RUN="udev_run_hotplugd $env{SUBSYSTEM}"

Does anyone have this working with static dev? I have a thinkpad and an
hp pavillion, both running static dev, same version of hotplug on both.
The thinkpad loads the firmware and driver just fine, the pavillion, not
so much. I can't really figure out the difference between the two, and
quite honestly I don't have a good picture of all the pieces here, so
forgive my ignorance.

As I understand it, the ipw2200 card needs a firmware and a driver. The
driver is loaded as a kernel module, and the firmware is loaded by the
hotplug scripts. I believe that the problem with the pavillion is that
the firmware is just not being loaded, but I'm not sure where to start
with figuring out why. Any help would be appreciated.

The modprobe command loads the drivers, but gives errors about probes
failing with error -22.

Thanks

--dave.