sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ipw2200

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Pieter Lenaerts <e-type AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ipw2200
  • Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 17:54:52 +0100

Op vr, 03-02-2006 te 13:25 +0100, schreef Flavien Bridault (Disk Guru):
> I also got ipw2200 working on my laptop but I had to swap two rules in
> the udev default rules file :

mine worked fine with default udev 080 and kernel 2.6.15.1

> I had to put the firmware line before udev_run_hotplugd launching.

could coldplug be fixing this? not sure

> Before to do this change, I just want to request your opinion about
> this. I heard that some people, like David (Brown) got this module
> working, so I would like to know if they had to use this trick or not.

so, I didn't need the trick

> it would be good to add the possibility to install different firmware
> versions
> with the spell ipw2200_firmware.

yes, I'm not using any spell atm for my firmware

> prompt the user for the version(s) via a ncurses dialog,
> or maybe only config_query since they are only three choices (defaulting
> to all).

I'd certainly not go for the ncurses dialog for such a small thing. I
think the firmware spell could even check which versions are needed,
depending on kernelconfigs and ipw2200 versions installed. The unknowing
user could easily be lost in versions here, so I'd simply not ask him
and have the firmware spell do everything.

--
Pieter Lenaerts
Source Mage GNU/Linux

http://www.sourcemage.org
"Linux so advanced it may well be magic"