permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Trojan Horses and Permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Trojan Horses and Permaculture
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 12:29:17 -0400

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Jason Gerhardt
<jasongerhardt@gmail.com>wrote:

> Lawrence,
> My comment is clearly out of context on this listserv, which is why I said
> it is somewhat futile. You misinterpreted my points without the context of
> PRI site and my history disagreeing with them. I agree with everything you
> said, and all my comments come in relation to the other comments on PRI. No
> need to go there and get sucked in. I fell for that trap enough. I love
> hippies and Bill Mollison, and everyone, yourself included. Just trying to
> jolt some minds over there to see things a slightly different way. That was
> probably futile too.
> Jason

Thanks, Jason, you made my day and thanks for the heads up about
participating in the the PRI forums; it is all too easy to dive into chat
in online social watering holes.

Thanks to the forces that invented permaculture, made this this fine list
useful and all the subscribers.

It was probably wasted effort trying to stimulate open, creative,
_innovative_ dialog at PRI's forum$ as everything probably revolves around
the $$$
rather than around the art and craft of permaculture and how to deliver it
to the world's inhabitants. Speaking of which for a fascinating,
candid view of much of how the rest of the world lives browse through this
thread at Reddit, fast becoming one of my mot often visited
web resources, and for daily news too:

What is the worst case of culture shock you have
experienced?<http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1lxeqv/what_is_the_worst_case_of_culture_shock_you_have/>
http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1lxeqv/what_is_the_worst_case_of_culture_shock_you_have/

Also this one is fascinating and useful!

What's the last fact you learned about the human body that blew your
mind?<http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1ly5pt/whats_the_last_fact_you_learned_about_the_human/>
http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1ly5pt/whats_the_last_fact_you_learned_about_the_human/

Have you done any hiking up in the high country above Boulder like along
the Continental Divide or on trails such as the Ute Trail which leads to
meadows, very rocky terrain, chained lakes in valleys fed by glaciers?

Last night watched an old VHS videotape production of Wind In the Willows,
created by a New Zealand company. This is the very best version available,
hopefully still available online, used or new - found my copy at a thrift
store plus a newer version with English actors and actresses narrating.
Also found a copy of Disney's Fantasia which is delightful; lots of
wonderful imagery.

gotta run, time for the morning soy double trouble chubble bubble fuddle
duddle smiggleritti vanfunculo with an extra flavour shot of smackadatassa
(see the above Reddit thread for the source of this hilarity)