permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Trojan Horses and Permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Trojan Horses and Permaculture
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 15:53:23 -0400

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Jason Gerhardt
<jasongerhardt@gmail.com>wrote:

> Scott,
> I think your post is phenomenal! Thank you for sharing.
>
> My biggest concern is the predominance of these tech savvy folks out there
> basically controlling the internet search results for permaculture. But
> what can one do?

There are plenty of ways to reach the public with your favorite
permaculture methods, solutions and projects.
I suggest the following: Get a Google+ page and fill it up, add Drive with
docs and spreadsheets, a group so your friends can follow your activities
via email,
Picasa or G+ for images ans a You Tube page for your videos.

Here's a little feedback from a FB friend, homesteader and natural gardener
also interested in permaculture:

""Permaculture" make you nervous? Too much to tackle? Start small. Pick a
bed to mix up stuff in and discover the advantages of polyculture."

and a followup comment: " have to admit, it does overwhelm me."
This sampling of interest in permaculture from the public-at-large is
interesting. Many millions of people now know about permaculture
and they all need to gain more practical knowledge about it. Where to find
this? Here in this list, YouTube, Google (create a Google Alert for
permaculture and subtopics to be delivered o you in email (preferably Gmail
with TBird or Opera added to have hardcopy on your own machine).

LL