permaculture - Re: [permaculture] distilled water

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: sinergyinaction@netscape.net
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] distilled water
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 06:35:03 -0400

Hi Bruce

thanks for your view on this thread.

I am just thinking that distilled water is now being sold (at least here in
Spain) as one of the solutions (along with reverse osmosis) one can buy in
the cities in order to have clean potable water.
Do these distilling devices usually have some equipment within them that
change the composition of the distilled water in order to make it safe? Since
otherwise I do not understand how can they have permission to market them,
especially? after having documents like the WHO's, that Steve Read sent
earlier, suggesting this kind of water not to be safe in the long run.

Cheers
Antonio

(BTW I think we briefly met each other during APC8 in 2005 down in Melbourne,
you were in the organizing committee, weren't you?)