permaculture - Re: [permaculture] distilled water

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: negiliblek <negiliblek@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] distilled water
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 14:30:58 -0700 (PDT)

> So I have a difficult time believing that removing trace amounts of
> minerals would
> significantly increase water's ability to take away wastes.

scientifically beleive what you wish to however, I helped install all new
computer workstations at a coal electrical generating plant where 99.9999%
pure water is required for their coal burning process

The 99.999% water tank is labeled with a poisonous label label as required by
OSHA's material data safety guidelines.  I asked why and was told that
99.9999% pure water will strip all the elecrolytes and minerals necessary for
human physiology to function and will cause heart beat irregularities and
muscle cramps ( Ca and Na decificieny being the first and most obvious items
to be removed).  I asked how much would kill a person and was told by the
technician "I wouldn't drink a quart and I wouldn't dare drink a gallon".

Your distiller probably doesn't provide you with 99.999% pure water so you
wouldn't see such drastic effects.

Old timers in East Texas told me to put clam shells/oyster/other seashelss to
the bottm of my rain water collection barrels to add minerals and calcium
back into the rain water I collected  ..."keeps you healthy that way" I was
told.