pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] how to help Chad

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Archer <pcplantdb@juggernaut.com.au>
  • To: <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] how to help Chad
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 11:26:13 +1100

At 2:07 PM +0000 2/3/05, John Schinnerer wrote:

>> Perhaps a Wiki would be of assistance in writing this document?
>
>I think a CVS system where we check out documents to add/edit/comment
>would be better.

I agree that CVS would be nice, but it's a pretty technical system
to use, let alone set up securely!

I thought just setting up a "spec" section in a Wiki would allow
simple, immediate collaborative editing. And at this stage the
spec document really is still at the brainstorming phase.

But brainstorming on a mailing list is useless. The ideas need
to be collated and organised somewhere. Much better to store
the ideas in a manner which allows them to be discussed, enhanced,
rated and prioritized.

A wiki can't do all of that, but at least the ideas and ensuing
discussion could be stored in a semi-structured manner.

...R.