pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] how to help Chad

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] how to help Chad
  • Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 00:17:56 +0000

Richard Archer wrote:

At 8:49 PM +0000 2/3/05, Richard Morris wrote:

As to tasks I see the first task has to be implementing user login.

I beg to differ.

The first task is to properly define this project. There has
been much discussion but little action on this critical task.

Perhaps this is because nobody is quite sure how to proceed.
Here are a couple of links which may help explain what the
specification should look like:

http://www.microtoolsinc.com/Howsrs.php
http://www.aldex.co.uk/reqspec.html

Perhaps a Wiki would be of assistance in writing this document?

Yes I agree here. I've sugested user logins as it will be a feature we want regardless of other design issues.

A little hesitant as to whether a strict formal design process will help motivate. Or if we are quite at that place yet.

The edit/security model question is quite central. The way I see to tackle this is with a bit of experiment/playing around first. A concreat working example will give us something to get a grip onto.

But yes, I do think a wiki for the spec is good. This can run in tandam with the more code focused work chads doing.

Lawrence are you on the case with this?