pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] how to help Chad

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] how to help Chad
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 13:03:41 +0000

Aloha,

Congratulations, and well done for your honesty.

Ditto, way to go man!

I'm wondering if we need a different communication mechanism. Things might work easier if we try instant messaging or phone.

IM not much use for me with only a couple hours' dialup online a day, usually in my evening which is late night for Bear and Stephanie and later night for Chad and I have no idea what time for you, Rich...!
I also don't much like using IM.

Occasional phone conference call might work OK if time zones thing can be dealt with to mutual satisfaction.

Here is some recreation-like stimulus for you Chad:

Yesterday I spent a couple hours working on Roundup customization.

It looks really well designed/built in general, and has a built-in user auth/perms management system.
I suggest you take a look at Roundup code and see what that's in there might be useful to our project (yes, it's all Python! ...and ZPT/TAL for the html templates, which makes my learning curve a lot shallower...:-).

Cheers,