msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR and Helmets

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Pennbo's <pennbo@verizon.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR and Helmets
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 16:03:55 -0800

I like Troxels- they fit me, come in a variety of styles, and seem to be very durable. I own three. Everyone wears one if they ride our horses. No exceptions. Troxels also have an easily adjustable liner that snugs the helmet quickly but can allow room for a wool beanie underneath if necessary- or a different size head. I have heard other hard riders that prefer the Tipperary. The tipperary does have a lower profile and fits a more oval head. There are two lasts for helmets- oval and round, so you really need to find the one that fits you without rocking.

Chris