msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR and Helmets

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Kinch" <kinch@shaw.ca>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR and Helmets
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 18:53:33 -0800

I personally always wear a helmet. Right now I wear a Troxel Sierra and have one of the Troxel "Cowboy Hat" styled helmet on order. It should give me the protection I want and help keep the rain from going down my neck and the sun from burning my ears and face. Our unit does not require helmets to be worn. When on a search, we are covered by Work Safe BC and under their regulations, we are only required to wear a helmet when racing or jumping. Just under half of our team members currently wear helmets.

Joe Kinch
Arrowsmith Search & Rescue
Vancouver Island