msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR and Helmets - what to buy

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "IRVIN LICHTENSTEIN" <ilichten1@verizon.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR and Helmets - what to buy
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 23:13:49 -0500

Measure your head in accordance with the manufacturer’s size charts.  If you have a usual hat size it is probably the right size.

Troxels come with adjustment pads unlike many others.  Also, depending on the brand there may be a suspension adjustment.  It can be a

string through the webbing, a set of push throughs in the inside band or even a ratchet device like those used on hard hats. The shell should be

smooth and preferably a plastic surface.  You can use a cover for visibility or add reflective tape, helmet crescents, unit logos, etc. as required.

Irv Lichtenstein