msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR and Helmets

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Barry Wells" <barrywells@tds.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR and Helmets
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 13:28:27 -0800

I don't like wearing a helmet, I would rather ride with a soft cap. But with
that being said, I would encourge folks to wear a helmet. It only takes a
second and your could head would be meeting the ground. Death would be a
godsend, if you ended up being feed though a tube for the rest of you life.
I understand wearing a cowboy hat looks good and makes us feel good. But its
your health and your role as a SAR member, that should make you wear a
helmet. So you don't become part of the problem.

As I said, I don't like them, but have been starting to wear one.