msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR and Helmets

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Kate Beardsley <katebeardsley@hotmail.com>
  • To: <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR and Helmets
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 20:10:21 +0000

Our unit requires that we wear approved helmets.
When we first formed our official horse team (we are all part of the Sheriff's office general SAR team), we discussed the helmet issue at length. Basically, when viewing that we are in public service, involved in a high risk activity, and in the public view, it makes sense to require helmet use. When that decision was made, 6 Posse members who had just completed SAR academy to become cross over members immediately quit. As far as I'm concerned, it just separated the wheat from the chafe and made the remaining SAR horse team that much stronger.

Safe Trails,
Kate

"We are what we repeatedly do."

Kate Beardsley