msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] K-9 Evac on horseback

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] K-9 Evac on horseback
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 15:02:11 -0600

http://www.toughtraveler.com/dogbags.asp has a cloth "dog stretcher".
I would rather adapt a tarp, some duct tape, and standard webbing.

Checking some racing sled dog forums, I read that dog bags are
standard equipment. The entire dog goes inside the bag, and the
bag gets strapped down on the sled. For horseback use, I think
you would want a litter. Also mentioned there is the option to
skip the dog bag and simply "roll up" the dog in something else.