msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Training

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Pennbo <pennbo@bbv.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Training
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:30:02 -0700

This is probably too complicated for a training exercise.

I would think that is too broad a statement Una. Some units have the basics already well in hand and just need refinement. I would have no problem setting up a similar exercise for my group. In fact I am intrigued by it and want to hear more about it. Of course we would pair those less GPS enabled members with other more expert members. I think it is a good way to try to bring something exciting, new, and different to a group.

Now, if everyone was just learning GPS this would be a rather hefty exercise!!

Chris Pennington
Big Bear Sheriff's Posse
MSAR