msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Flag training needed

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Chuck Daniel" <iwhound@voyager.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Flag training needed
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:22:31 -0400

Hi Pat,

While I cannot give you specific training advise, I can recommend a book that will help you and your riding partners. The book I have in mind is "Bombproof Your Horse" by Sgt Rick Pellicno. (ISBN 1-57076-260-0)

Pages 127-132 deal will flags and parades. The technique Sgt Pelicano uses is sound and the photos illustrating the desensitizing process add insight. But more to the point, since your horse will be in a parade, the rest of the book will be of even more importance to you and your horse.

Good luck

Chuck
Kokosing Valley MSAR
----- Original Message ----- From: "Pat West" <pwestward@bellsouth.net>